I'm starting a new thread so the other one can get back on topic.

Yes, I've done the unthinkable and migrated from Android to iOS. After 9 years on Android, owning nearly every Google/Nexus phone, I've decided to try out iOS. There are a few reasons for this.

The primary reason is hardware. As good as Android has gotten, and as much as that gap has narrowed, there's still a gap, especially in watches.

The second reason is that I'm tired of Google's ADD. They keep changing things up on me and I'm sick of it. It's gotten to the point that on Google's own hardware, I'm only using the services that are available on both platforms.

The last reason is HomeKit. Nobody else is doing as well as Apple is with HomeKit. Nobody. There are far more powerful and configurable systems, but none that are as easy to set up, use, and reconfigure. Google's approach is...well...I have no idea what their approach is but it's probably going to revolve around Assistant, and that doesn't give me much confidence because Assistant is terrible.

I've been setting up my new iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and playing with it and my Series 3 Watch. I'll post an update after I've given it a good amount of time.

Early positive impressions:

- the phone and watch hardware are just fantastic
- everything moves instantly, with no lag (Android has gotten rid of 99% of the lag, but it's still there)

Early annoyances:

- I'm REALLY going to miss LastPass on Android, which can automatically detect a login in any app and fill it for me when I use the fingerprint sensor - I have to switch back and forth in iOS
- I don't care about widgets, but I wish I could place icons anywhere I want on the home screen, not in sequential order
- the keyboard often doesn't have punctuation when I want it to

That's where I am right now. I'll post an update in a couple weeks.