Originally Posted By: Dignan
Apparently the WD15 works with the MacBook...but can't do multiple displays. It sounds like everything else - including charging and USB - works on the MacBook but the display will only clone to the second monitor and not extend the desktop.

I'm not sure if this would be helped by future firmware upgrades. The WD15 does get pretty frequent updates, and often has compatibility issues with newer XPS 13 models. A major bonus of it (for me) is the "power button" on the dock to wake up the XPS 13 when I needed, as normally it will be folded shut on a shelf somewhere for this setup.

There's still so much to be sorted out with this stuff. I'm knocking on wood that Everything is working for me so far...

Today I decided to update from my 2013 2nd gen Dell XPS 13 to the 2017 version, the model 9360 XPS 13 with i7-8550U and one Thunderbolt3/USB-C port. I also ordered the WD15 to go with it, based on reports of the two now working very well together with current Linux distros. A plus of the WD15 for me is the "power button" for waking up the laptop, as I intend for the XPS 13 lid to be closed while docked in this setup.

My dual-monitor situation should be easy for it: a pair of 1920x1200 27" ASUS screens over HDMI. I've got a mini-DP-to-HDMI adapter already from my older XPS 13.

How's that dock doing for you now, Matt? And which XPS 13 do you actually have (they change yearly). smile