Geoff Said:
but if I remember correctly, there's a very small, but noticeable, gap of probably less than 1/8 second

Schofiel Said:
After that you start losing music and the pop remains; the gap itself is due to the empeg regarding the tracks as seperate and needing time to start the new track. I noticed that it is still far better than WinAmp's equivalent, so I live with the slight pop it generates.

I probably forgot to mention... WinAmp doesn't, by default, do gapless output. Simply playing your tracks in WinAmp doesn't test whether they're gapless or not. You can get a plug-in for WinAmp that does do gapless output, and that's what I use to test. I can get my tracks completely gapless with a little bit of work.

I found that on "Dark Side" and "Wish ...." that (using AC VBR @128 start rate) you can tune the gaps right down, but only to a certain point.

I am very interested in finding out from someone whether or not this can work perfectly when using WinAmp's gapless output plug-in. I'd also like to know by what procedure you "tune" the gaps in AC.

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.