I dont know exactly how the piece of software you have works, but I have run across a couple of programs that will let you trim mp3 files and wav files.

Thanks for the link. The software I wrote is unique because it's the only one that's deliberately designed to work on only the gaps between two consecutive tracks. Most trimmer utilities just work on one file, or they're designed to splice files. Cripes, I can do that with a hex editor such as UltraEdit- I don't need a specialized trimmer just to cut and paste files. No, what my gapping software does is allow you to interactively preview the gap and try multiple "live" run-throughs of the gap as you trim the two MP3s simultaneously. And it doesn't save the final changes to the original files until you tell it to.

In practice, it works incredibly well. I've de-gapped several albums with it, and it makes the task a lot easier than it would be if you trimmed each file individually by hand. It's very limited (and very beta) right now, but it works for my purposes.

Oh, and by the way, the author of that MP3trim utility you linked was the guy who helped me write mine. It's a good utility, but isn't useful for interactively editing the gap between two songs.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144