Yikes! I want to reply to so many parts of this thread.... hmm... Others have said what I feel much better so I'll just say this:

1. The Viper is what put Dodge back on its feet. I feel the GT-40 will do the same. It is an image builder. I mean how many people actually own vettes or vipers? Not many. But people have pride in brands because of them.
2. Ford WILL lose money on this thing. Think about it: 100 cars x $100,000 = $100,000,000. Sounds like a lot of money until you think of how much they are going to have to spend to make a factory to build this thing, the materials involved, government crash and emisions testing and design studies.
3. The original GT-40 had an "unobtainable" price and is considered MORE than successful.
EDIT: 4. Almost forgot! : All of Chrystler's designers jumped shipped when Daimler "merged" with them. Most of them work for Ford now and a handful work for GM. Ford also has J Mays who was one of Audi/VW's most influencial designers. It will be a few years before their designs hit the road - but the GT40, Bullett Mustang and Ford FourtyNine are good examples.

And as someone pointed out, the GT-40 is the exact opposite of a muscle car. Muscle cars are basically family type cars with huge V8's thrown into them meant to go in a straight line very fast. Their charm is that they are easy to afford and work on and a blast to drive.

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (26/02/2002 10:01)