Just as a confirmation...

I just now sent a 7.5 megabyte file to the player via Hijack FTP, using version 216 of Hijack, and it worked fine with no problems. Entire file uploaded. Then I deleted the file and set it back to read-only with the http://empeg/?ro command.

HOWEVER, something very interesting!

After setting it back to RO, the player did one of its beta11 lockups where the front panel controls and IR commands freeze up but the music keeps playing and the visual keeps animating. Now that the player is in this mode, I can play with it... Here is what I see:

Right now the player screen is showing the box with the "Done" message from the RO command up on the screen, with the visual animating underneath it The disk drive icon is up, it's the small disk icon with the solid gray center. This is interesting seeing the Hijack "Done" box atop the animating hula hoops. It looks like this:

The front panel controls do nothing, the IR remote does nothing. However, the Hijack web server software works fine and serves up the root index.html file. The player software does not respond to commands sent to it via the hijack "button" commands, though.

Hijack seems to be fully able to build its XML playlists and serve them up to the web browser. I have no trouble browsing my playlists with the web browser.

Let me see if the long-press of the button activates the hijack menu.... Nope. Can't initiate the Hijack main menu with a long buttonpress, either via the front panel, the IR remote, or the XML web interface.

Player keeps loading songs from the hard disk and doing all the necessary caching etc., it's still playing the current playliust perfectly and animating Hula Hoops under that "Done" Window.

Wow this is totally interesting. I wonder what else I can do to help narrow down the source of the UI lockup bug?

Attachments
73138-1.gif (114 downloads)