The top needs a logo. If you cut down the blank area it would still have an odd feeling, IMO. It needs a logo. Of course this means you have to rethink the positioning of the current logo on the left edge. Before adding anything to the top, try just cutting down the space. It may look ok after all.

Then I''d just slap a linked stylesheet to fix up all the fonts that are sitting with browser defaults right now (times (standard default) does not fit with the rest of the page - the text in the body of the sections).

Technically, I'd also move the jscript into its own file for caching purposes.

Other than that, looks fine. I think you should keep text, instead of images where possible. So don't replace the section titles with images if you can avoid it (saves loading time).

Change the alt-text for your left menu. Not really a design element, but might as well start cleaning up some other things before you forget about them. "FAQ Answers to Dumb Questions" - I'm not sure it's the questions that are "dumb" given that string... "FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions" would be more to the point and would actually be of some use to someone who ligitimately needs the alt text (image browsing turned off, text-to-speech engines....)

You might want to redo your home page though. Because that one is not fine. Only one tiny link at the bottom and the new window that pops up removes all browser features (that's a HUGE no-no in design).

I scanned through some of your links and I'd say be careful taking inspiration from some of those folks on those Pixel web-rings. Most of them don't know what they're talking about, and even though some can create some decent effects, their web design skills are suited more to a kiosk-style display than a globally-deployed website. Mainly because "skinning" does not equal good-for-the-web.

Bruno