/me wonders how long before he starts re-encoding all his stuff in .ogg format..

Well, I bought a few CDs tonight and encoded my first .ogg files. Actually recorded this Neil Finn live album in both Ogg and MP3 - maybe put on the headphones later to see if I can tell any difference.

Actually, since I'm not doing *that* much new ripping and I still have a good chunk of disk space, I have thought about setting Grip to not delete WAVs and encode new rips into both....but then I have double the tag/comment editing...decisions, decisions! I *did* submit a feature request for Grip that would let me switch config files b/w different LAME and vorbis configs.

One question I have is whether Vorbis will potentially improve so much in the next 6 months or year (say in file sizes or something) that I will regret encoding with the current version, but that seems unlikely.

I downloaded one Ogg Vorbis comment editor (vocoditor) and am going to try that out, but it looks pretty basic, and there doesn't seem to be anything out there on the level of something like MP3 Tag Studio.

Any of these temporary issues aside, I'm going to work on learning more about the particulars of Ogg Vorbis and fine-tuning my setup. This remains really fantastic news

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.