Ok, what the hell is this stuff? My dad bought a jar of pickles and one of the ingredients listed is Spirit Viniger. Don't spirits refer to some sort of alcohol based concoction? What about that Chocolate alcohol stuff that is found in some products? Maybe its not called Chocoloate alcohol but there is something like that isn't there?

Because of religious reasons, my family and i stay away from alcohol (although i doubt i'd drink if religion weren't in the way). Anyhow, I had no idea what spirit viniger was and my dad didn't want to take any chances.

I always find it terribly amusing when my family and I are confronted with situations like this. A while back we discovered "Rubios", a restaurant whose main feature is the Fish taco. We found that we loved these damn things and for about 6 weeks, we were regulars there. One day I went there with my dad and decided to acutally look up at the menu instead of just ordering. Upon doing this, I found that the fish tacos were beer battered. Now, theres always the argument that the alcohol evaporates, but my dad wouldn't have any of it. Then there was the situation with the Marie Calanders "Kalua Cheesecake". We had no idea what Kalua was, and to us, it just looked like Chocolate. Little did we know.

We realized that we're not going to get hammered off some beer battering, or spirit viniger or alcholic chocoloate or whatever, but its the principle of the matter, you know?