I posted the other day and got great advice from you guys. im just trying to get my ducks in a row before i start the project on my 2002 outback.

Now ive decided to go with the option of using an amp and passing my stock HU through the empeg. i think that is the best solution plus i get to amp my stock unit which will hopefully help its sound a little. (not that its bad to begin with)

i still have a couple of question though.

i have no idea what are good amps, what i should be looking for, i have a cd/radio in the car now that will plug into it, and i think atleast 6 speakers (tweeters in the front and door speakers in front and rear). I dont want anything real fancy just something that will produce a nice sound at a decent level. im not a big bass fan or bleeding ear fan. any suggestions here??

i read the faq and saw the info about the iso wiring harnesses. it is my understanding than that this is what will plug into the car to drive the power and such. is this correct? does this cover the ground and all others as well?? trying to get straight what all aspects on the wiring will be involved. if that were the case it would seem like i would just need to connect that harness either via plug style or sauder and then connect the rca outs to the amp. is this totally off??

what other crazy things might i need to know outside of this faqs listing?

btw, i was told to get all the doucentation i can about wiring and such for this unit by the guy who is planning on helping me with the install. any source for this type of info? dev section?

thanks for all your help.

Kevin (totally new)