Honestly, I'm having a hard time trying to express why I think we should keep the titles and post counts.

I don't think they're a good measure of people's intelligence or helpfulness. Hell, I had over 1500 posts and look at me!

I don't think they make us feel like we belong more or whatever was said earlier.

I also understand all of what Tony is saying except that I think our board has significantly less of what he thinks is caused by the titles and counts.

So why am I upset that they were taken away? personally, they're rather frivolous, I suppose. For one, you have to admit, it looks quite empty over there. If it weren't for avatars, it would be boring as hell. *edit* I can't imagine what it must look like for people who don't show the avatars *edit* The other is as I said already, I liked showing people how involved the company was in helping people with their product. I would be like "okay I'm going to sort the user lists by post count. see the second and third most posts? they work for empeg!" That wowed a lot of people!

Lastly, as I keep saying, I was a little suprised by the sudden decision made by very few people. I agree with you, Jim. I think it's great how much time they put into the board, but it was a tad unsettling that they made a big change like that.

Oh well. I guess it won't be coming back anyway. Can we just request that in the future we'll be informed of what some of your plans are? Then again, that's a little like the Mark 2 faceplate design announcement, if you know what I mean... argh. whatever.

Edited by DiGNAN17 (12/07/2002 12:10)