I think this is maybe a case where I'd let the folks with red and green names do what they see fit.

There is even some division among the reds and greens. Rob likes the rankings.

I do have another comment to add on this topic...

Everyone says "I like the rankings, bring them back", but besides just "liking" them, can anyone give any sort of a reason that the rankings are genuinely useful and serve an important function that outweighs their drawbacks?

I see the following advantages:

- Can tell who posts the most, which is a vague indicator as to whether or not they might remotely know what they are talking about. However, this can be inferred from the way that they "speak" and the information they supply more reliably than the postcount.

- Can tell who posts the least, which is a vague indicator as to whether or not they are a newbie. However, this can also be inferred from the text.

- Is mildly amusing.

However, I see the following disadvantages, which I think outweigh the advantages:

- Causes some people to attempt to increase their postcount artificially, which is annoying and misleading.

- Causes the signal-to-noise ratio on the BBS to decrease because of the postcount-increaser messages.

- Resulted in at least one creation of an auto-posting "bot" which was a serious problem.

- Has made some people feel inferior and desire to not be known as a "newbie" (this was expressed specifically in some posts).