If it weren't for avatars, it would be boring as hell.

/Bing!

Animated GIF avatar template with dynamic, self-reported post count. Think Superman or something with "1831" flashing on his chest!

(edit: all that follows)

Ah, teach me to read all the way down to realize somebody already had the same Uber-avator idea....but how long would they take to load??

And: I agree with you, Jim. I think it's great how much time they put into the board, but it was a tad unsettling that they made a big change like that.

I guess. I appreciate that a big change is a matter of individual valuation. I think mostly what I was focusing on was that "Wham!" BBS near-instantly relocated and it is very close to what it was before the move.

I don't see this as a "battle", but I do view in terms of a "pick your battle" frame of reference. The change just isn't one I could get excited about one way or another, but that's just me.

Side note: I see on another BBS (www.rallyforum.com) that they do have little animated national flags. One some level, I almost feel like that wouldn't really be a good fit here -- it's more interesting to have figured out over time where people are coming from both literally and figuratively, but that other BBS, whatever it's other faults, really seems like one where the little flags fit in as people take up their partisan debates over whether Driver X will kitt butt or what on the Finns!

Oh, heck another stray thought: There had been posts lately about longest thread/s, but has there ever been a discussion of the *highest-velocity* threads?

(double edit: I guess I meant the highest *acceleration* threads.)

Edited by jimhogan (12/07/2002 13:56)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.