Lastly, as I keep saying, I was a little suprised by the sudden decision made by very few people. I agree with you, Jim. I think it's great how much time they put into the board, but it was a tad unsettling that they made a big change like that.

This actually wasn't intentional. I had expected the move to occur a week or two down the road, so I played with the code Paul had sent to test it out. I discussed the idea with Tony, and had played with it on the test site. The next morning, Paul decided to do the move, and we did it. Complete with the code that has the titles hidden. There wasn't a chance to discuss it fully, and I decided to just keep it there for now, expecting a thread like this to start.

I'm really split over what to do on this. I realise the importance of the community voice. It's why RioCar.Org exists, and so many other things. On the other hand, I am now directly responsible for keeping the BBS alive on a technical side. If people post and delete, it unnecessarly stresses the database and creates preformance issues. I am not opposed to putting something else over on the side of each post, since right now it wouldn't impact preformance. Maybe the registered on date, or one of the extra profile fields (theres one more left after I added AIM, MSN and Yahoo fields).