I've just got a chance to have a look at the Mk2, after running the clone operation against the Mk1 (worked flawlessly)
I thought I'd try connecting to the player via ethernet, so I dug out an RJ45 crossover cable I had lying around (the rest of the computers are networked with coax, T-pieces and terminators) and plugged it in between the RJ45 socket on the PC and the empeg.
But I can't figure out how to tell Emplode to talk to the empeg using ethernet.
I'll freely admit that I haven't fully read the manual, just a quick glance to see if I could find the answer (but who honestly reads manuals except as a final resort?)
Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I can't have RJ45 & coax coming through the one network card? (which is probably the case, knowing my luck!)

Apart from that, the player seemed very unstable until I installed beta 11c, which seems to have cured it; and the rotary knob seems ever-so-slightly off-centre, so it rubs against the faceplate once every rotation. No big deal at the minute, and it will probably loosen up with use, so I'm not too worried about that myself.

Basically, I'm as happy as the proverbial pig in the proverbial... well... you know what I mean

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB