I've already driven with the thing for a couple days now, and even in highway mode, it didn't chirp once on my way to and from work. So I'm really glad about it not falsing a lot.

I would rather have my radar detector "false" 10 times than have it miss one weak "true" signal.

Let me elaborate...

There is no such thing as a "false" signal. A signal given off by an automatic door opener is exactly the same signal given off by a police radar unit -- it is just far more attenuated because the original transmitter is weaker, and chances are it is aimed in such a fashion as to reduce further the amount of signal reaching your detector.

A detector that doesn't "false" is doing so by increasing the signal strength threshold before the alarm triggers. This is all well and good -- you don't have to listen to it every time you drive by a shopping mall. But you also then don't have to listen to it when it might otherwise tell you that over the hill and around the corner there was a police radar in "instant-on" mode for just two or three seconds, "looking" at the car that just went around that corner 45 seconds ago. You go around that corner at your usual rate of speed, and then when the trooper triggers his radar, your detector goes off announcing that you are about to receive a speeding ticket.

Thanks, but no thanks -- I'll keep my V1 which tells me all about every radar operating in my vicninity, not just the ones attached to police cars.

Something to keep in mind about the V1, BTW -- it gives you so much information about the signal source (how many, how strong, what direction, what radar-band) that with just a little practice you will soon be able to discriminate between radar sources, and identify them immediately as threats or not.

tanstaafl.