I have NEVER lost a single email (andI get more than 200 messages a day to my Microsoft email account) or have heard of anyone else loosing mail.

I've seen several instances between two companies where .pst files have become unreadable by Outlook, and the .pst repair tool has failed. Not many mind you, but I have seen it happen. I personally switched away from Outlook for corporate e-mail a while back, and now just use Eudora tied into the IMAP support of Exchange.

This wasn't due to a reliability problem, but instead the ease fo filter setup in Eudora. I have literially hundreds of filters to toss my messages into the right box before I read them, and 99% were set up by simply right clicking a message, and selecting add filter. From there, I tell it what criteria (from, to, subject) and hit the mailbox it should go to. Nice and simple, and if I want advanced rules, a simple click on the filter screen brings up tons of functionality. If MS chooses to "innovate" the ease of this, I might switch back

And if no one lost mail at MS due to an Outlook virus, I'm impressed with the admins there. I Love you and related ones have spread like wildfire through companies I know of that use Exchange/Outlook. Just as Code Red tore through the network here, and Nimda still makes it's appearance from time to time.

At home though nothing will drag me away from Mail.app on the Mac, or the quickness of just using a web browser to my IMAP server.