You DON'T need DAVE to connect to a PC. You DON'T need SAMBA either. You don't need absolute anything just the IP address or the PC name and the share name. As opposite to Windows PCs where you need a Microsoft Client to connect to their own MS networks. In OS X you don't need to install any extra client. About the twieking....I really don't know what do you mean with it, maybe you could tell that to the Linux and OS X community, they may laugh in you face.. Guys, I notice here that you really know very very little of how capable and well thought Mac OS X is. Jaguar is even able to connecto to anything without any kind of configuration everything runs automatically and WORKS as opposite to Windows. I don't want to insult anybody here but It's a pitty to see how narrow minded and arrogant some windows users can be when they speak about something as being worst that they don't even know! Many things which are new for windows users now have already been used for years by mac users. Is it so hard to ask you to open your minds a little bit to something new?