I read ltd's post. He's using a seperate decoder and software, not the empeg software. So if you want to lose all the empeg's well thought out interface and features, then go ahead and install another player software such as rioplay. I'm not knocking rioplay, I tried it and used it a few times to play tunes from my pc's rio receiver server. It worked fine. Greg did a good job getting it to work on the empeg and read its database format as well.

I am someone who has been asking for ogg for a while now, and maybe it will be implemented in the empeg software at some point if time allows. I know what the advantages are, I have tons of trance cds that would benefit from gapless encoding. I have also struggled to get gapless encoding working with lame, but I don't think its going to happen as long as I'm trying to use VBR.

All I'm trying to say is that if you are encoding tons of oggs for the sole purpose of putting them on the empeg soon then you are "pissing in the wind" ;-) It takes some trickery to get the files on the empeg and then the empeg software won't play them at all unless the ogg decoder is built in by empeg. On top of that, monty is constantly tuning and improving the ogg encoder, so the quality is getting better over time. If you think oggs sound fine now, then all you are wasting is hard drive space.

Sean