Mike,

Thanks so much that you are carrying this forward! Keep pushing

Features I would like are (in order of importance)
- sync with PC. when I had my pervious MP3 player (NEO) it would come up as a virtual drive on my PC. I was able to create a briefcase under windows, and drop all my music in there. so if i were to add or delete stuff on my PC, it would do the same on the MP3 player when doing the update. that is what i miss most with the RIO.

- being able to sort soups under different criteria would also be nice.. since i use soups to generate my albums, it would be nice if they played in track order.

- finally, i dont know if there is a nice way to handle compilations. CDDB always puts in "various artists" in the artist tag, and then puts the artist and title in the title tag. I've been retagging all my music so the real artist is in the artist tag. however, the only way to play the entire album would be to do a soup sorted by albums. so is there a hack that can be done such that all albums that have the same album tag, but different artist tags are put in a "compliations" playlists when sorted by artists? hope that makes sense?

take care
-ted