2. Netscape sucked. And still does.

Agreed. I can point to about 45 people who switched to IE from Netscape after I got through with them. Why? Netscape absolutely f*ed themselves with 6.0. I've never seen so many crashes and freezes in my life until I saw Netscape 6 on his box. 4.7 wasn't too bad, but still behind IE. Their solution to competing with MS was to release a product well before it was ready.

As for all the other stuff, I use MS products regularly, and just from a user level, Win2K treats me waaaay better than the Linux boxes I used in CS classes. I hated those things.

As for Word and Excel, I actually don't like them nearly as much as Wordperect and 1-2-3. But my old versions of Wordperfect don't work on Win2k, and 1-2-3 did some weird things on newer boxes as well.

Side note: the two biggest things missing from Word that are in Wordperfect:

1) reveal codes- wonderful feature that helps when you can't igure out what the crazy 'Word'-processor is doing

2) Make it Fit! - this has got to be the high school and college student's favorite feature. Write a half-assed paper, tell the program how long you want it (or how short, but it never goes that way), and Wordperfect will automatically adjust the margins, line spacing, font size, and whatever else you want until it reaches that length. Beautiful.