Oh and Drakino, extra features piss me off. Haha, does the industry have no other way to justify their high cost on re-releases than stupid new packaging and releasing studio alternate takes on reissue CD's? Or claiming they made the sound better with "24bit, super oversampling, sound shaping, gold master disc" crap?

And WHY oh WHY do the movies these days have to be 2, 3, and 4 DVD sets? Does the industry realize how much they can fit on a DVD? Yeah, but they need to justify their high cost by slapping 3 CD's of behind-the-scenes and commentary in the Lord of the Rings "super special collectors rare gold platinum" edition. (no, i honestly have no idea what's on those other 3 discs, or what's on the additional discs with most any DVD these days, but it just seems crazy.)

So, yeah, when buying jazz CD's (which are always reissued a million times from their original LP forms), I always try to find the sandard issue, no alt-take, no stupid packaging release (for $7, generally). It's the closest I can come to my ideal "upgrade right" which "allows" me to posses a current copy of a recording I own on outdated media.