Hehe, I'd love one of the shuttles as well, but I'm me, and... I have a RAID board jammed with devices, and need my tower! I have every PCI slot used, plus some of those metal pieces that fit over the PCI-slot-holes (the case has more holes than the board has slots) with connections from the motherboard. Add some switches, variable fan speed pots, etc. along the front, and I love the big case. Of course, it's slid under the desk, so it doesn't really matter what size it is.

I was looking at a shuttle for a multimedia PC for the living room, but figured instead of that, I might as well just get some long cables and run things off the server in the basement. It's already made, relatively unused, and already paid for (the server hidey-hole is underneath the living room and running a wire would be easy here). Video up to the TV, sound to the stereo, and perhaps a KVM switch to extend a mouse and keyboard.

Also - I know you know, but just have to say - size does not equate to noise. I have a low-noise Antec power supply, two Panaflo's for the case (that I very well might not even need), and a variable speed YS-Tech fan over a huge Thermalright heatsink. When the heat or A/C turns on in the house, the airflow out of the vents is louder than this tower is.

My next acquisition in that area will probably be a year or two off - and it will be the baddest-assed laptop you ever saw