I just got delivery of some new wheels for the summer...17x7.5 steel grey Rota Tarmacs. I can't wait for April so I can put them on, roll down the windows, and blast my music.

Yes, April approacheth. If the Miracle of Continued Employment persists, i just may have to get some Rota Attacks (easy cleaning for old folks!) and maybe some tires (looking at Sumitomo...)

I think this summer I'm also going to Dynamat the doors and maybe the trunk too.

FWIW, people say that Dynamat really stinks. Not sure if the smell goes away or how long it takes. FWIW, a product that I have used on PC cases and which I am probably going to selectively add to the WRX is Dexdamp. Similar to Dynamat, but no heating required, easier to work, and no smell. I got it from these guys . Downsides? Possibly more expensive and heavier than Dynamat (it's essentially butyl rubber), and it could prove impractical to remove once applied (this could be true for Dynamat, I don't know).

Also, it is harder to find. That Hamilton-Jet outfit might be the only source. Looks like some folks had a go at selling into the car stereo market but that Dynamat pretty much kept that channel/market.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.