Geoff's post has to be the best one of them all.

Ok, I count 7 button presses to get the visual back and change the Info to the "Line" setting. Windows 98 aside, I personally believe that technology should make our lives easier and less mundane.

Now if there was a way to make the Info "Line" setting stick and only one button press to bring the visual back, then I can accept that since other electronics are similarly designed. But otherwise, this is definitely a bug that needs fixing.

And I DO consider myself to be an early adopter since there are probably around 10 of them in the San Francisco Bay area and in a year, some major manufacturer is bound to offer the same thing for a fraction of the cost. It's the price we pay to have it here now.

To Empeg's credit, they don't flaunt the visuals much on their web site. Obviously this isn't the Mark II's most important feature, but it's definitely one of the sexiest.

And hierarchical playlists are a terrific feature! Winamp should have implemented them a long time ago. Forgetting the unit's visual state on power off is not a terrific feature. What if I'm robbing a bank and when starting up the getaway car I have to hit seven buttons?! I NEED to see the tripping prisoner visual while listening to Spybreak!

Ah well, when someone leaks the code we can all change it ourselves.

Death to lawyers.
-Hoagy.