I'll admit that I'd prefer to not have to push a button to get the visuals on and I don't even have a player yet. However, the first thing I do when I get in the car with my Pioneer unit is adjust the volume to an acceptable level, depending on whether the windows are up or down, I've got someone else in the car or not, or I forget what level I left it at. The other thing I do right now is decide which disc I'm going to listen to. Being that my hands are already on the player, I don't see a problem with having to press one other button. Besides, I probably won't be choosing what disc I want to play anymore... I'll just have it constantly shuffling the entire player or a particular playlist. So, I no longer have to do one thing and instead I'll need to push a button when it boots up. I can live with that.

If there wasn't a legal ramification for not having done it this way, they wouldn't have done it. No one likes it like this and Empeg isn't the type to do something that the majority doesn't like. Historically, from what I've read, this is really the only thing they've done against what the majority wanted. That's a pretty darn good track record.

Hey... why not write to Pioneer, Alpine, or Sony and tell them that you want your head unit to do something in particular. Let us know how far you get. Tell them you want disc #3 to play every time you turn on the head unit because that's the one you told your girlfriend she could change. Not gonna work, is it? You're going to just have to press #3 every time you turn on the player, aren't you? You can't always have everything you want. I spent $1200 on my current Pioneer head unit 7 years ago and it forgets the names of the CD's every time I disconnect the battery. Do I like that? No. Can I fix that? Again, no. Maybe I could rig something up to add a battery backup, but I'm not that electrically inclined and it's not worth my time. If you really want to change this setting, figure out how to hack into the code and change it. We'd all appreciate that.

If the guys@empeg took the visuals out completely there wouldn't be an issue anymore, would there? I certainly don't want to see that happen, do you? I'm sorry to be so sarcastic, but this issue has been beaten to death in the past and it hasn't changed... for a reason. There's really no sense in asking Empeg to change this when they've already said they can't, for legal reasons. Yeah, maybe one day someone will find a way to bypass this, but until then, we can't do anything. I don't want Empeg going out of business due to some moron's lawsuit. I want more software updates and more features and they certainly can't do that if they're busy stating their cases in court.

Let it rest, people. Please?

George