Who am I to watch this BBS for 1.5 years for a sign of shipment

No idea (since you haven't filled out your profile in much detail). Why are you so angry about this? If it comes down to waiting times, then I registered as number 29, and have been on this scene considerably longer than you have.

I'm also not so sure that you need to go into the "better than" comparisons, or the "geek" labelling so rapidly, either. This BBS is all about information and discussion, not hot-to-trot expositions and enraged declarations.

I bought my Mk1 for fun, and I intend to use it that way over a long period of time. I will not be buying a Mk 2 since I cannot afford another, and I am perfectly content with what my Mk 1 delivers now - horses for courses. That doesn't stop me from remaining interested in the new machine, or trying to come up with suggestions that just might be interesting enough for the crew at empeg to think are worth putting into the software in the future. Thanks to my friend Henno, I can - occasionaly, if I'm a good boy - get to touch and even play with his first-of-forty, Mark. Still can't afford one, though.

Being part of a community implies a certain responsibility - you don't piss on the communal flowers, for example - and for that, you are rewarded with the respect of your neighbours. Too much to ask? Or are you going to be angry about this gentle response and flame me for a second time?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015