Has anyone with a Mark 1 been having Emplode problems similar to what's been reported by a few Mark 2 users lately?

Yes, I'm using a Mark I unit.

I've tried many things and I haven't been able to figure out what's going on. I've been loading no more than 5 albums at a time (~350MB) and that seems to be working. (though it's a real pain) When I try to do more than that I usually run into trouble. I've even gotten the "The synchronisation process failed during stage 10:
Error 0xffffff92"
and "The synchronisation process failed during stage 5:
Error 0xffffff92"
error messages, but usually there is no error, Empeg just drops back to "End of playlist" and Emplode keeps going. Someone mentioned problems with COM2, but I don't have any "little yellow boo boo's" in the device manager.

I noticed that Michael is also using the developer's image could that be the common thread? Anybody not using the developer's image?

Michael also said he had two drives, I also have two drives (10GB+20GB). One of them I added myself. I'm quite skilled with hardware, so I wouldn't have damaged anything, but I guess I could have done something wrong on the software side of it. Could this be the common thread? Anyone having the problem with only one drive?