Even so, you thought that accepting discipline was important. That in itself at least implies the fact that you think subservience is important (to some extent). The question wasn't ``dealing with discipline'', but ``accepting discipline''.
I think that everything should be questioned. The reasoned answer may not be different from what happened, but simple acceptance implies a bent towards authoritarianism.
Ah, that's an interpretation of my answer that I hadn't considered. I think the main difference is that I didn't read that question as "simple acceptance". To my mind, "accepting discipline" is part of "dealing with discipline". I completely agree discipline should be questioned, but if it turns out that the discipline is warranted, then one needs to be able to deal with, and accept it. I think there are, perhaps, too many people who question the discipline, then refuse (or are unable) to accept it, even if warranted.

I definately wasn't thinking of subservience -- I was thinking of examples such as getting caught pinching money from your friend's wallet. My concept of "discipline" also, I think, went beyond what might be considered "formal" discipline, such as when you get punched by your friend for stealing his money.