Unfortunately I can't give you much advice here, except that you have to try and be a little bold. I say this because I really hate these kinds of questions. I wish I could just do my job and let everyone else decide what I'm worth.

When I got my current job I relocated from Houston. My company told me they would not pay for me to relocate. I said "fine" because I needed the job, but after moving I found out just how expensive moving was. When I'd been on the job three months some other co-workers convinced me to ask for some relocation reimbursement, even though I'd committed to not getting any. They said that I'd proven to be a good employee and the company should be glad to pay my way. I felt really stupid about asking, but I finally decided it couldn't hurt much. So I went to my boss and really meekly asked if they could give me some reimbursement they told me I couldn't have. He didn't even blink, and in two weeks walk in and handed me a check. I'd have never asked without my co-workers prodding, but I'm glad I did. Being bold about the work I do isn't in my nature, but it really paid of that time.