How's this for an idea (probably already submitted but still). I'd like to be able to copy a shortcut or a pointer to an exisiting playlist but be able to change the properties of the shortcut.

For example, imagine I have sorted my entire empeg contents by Complete Albums - By Artist/Artist/Album/Songs in Album. My top level playlist is Complete Albums - By Artist. I'd like to be able to make a copy (alias) of this to another playlist, say "10 Track Randomiser". This playlist has the appropriate properties to do 'as it says on the tin'. However, when I've changed the contents of the 'source' list, in this case Complete Albums - by Artist, I want that to be reflected in the Radomiser playlist.

Now, I've just tried doing this by creating a playlist, 10 Track Randomiser, underneath which I have copy/pasted my Complete Albums - by Artist playlist. I set the properties on my Randomiser playlist but they don't take effect, precedence is taken from the playlist within. This is probably because it's trying to Randomise at the level immediately below itself - but can't cos there's only one playlist in there.

Is this a valid request or am I fundamentally misunderstanding the playlist structure?

M

----
MKII #080000528 - 40Gb Blue
---- MKII #080000528 - 40Gb Blue