Some (probably adequate) control.. the stalk doesn't provide full functional replication of the fascia controls. I don't think I'm conveying just how cool this joystick is I find it far easier to use than the 4 separate buttons on the Empeg...

I don't disagree. But it's a solved problem. Remote, stalk, custom rotary encoder...

Good luck with that (really), it's definitely an interesting idea but I don't see that being very practical. Speed on the serial connection is only a problem because I've made it one for myself by picking a big high-res display that's annoyingly low speed. There's a 140x32 module (7000-series) about the same size as the Empeg's that runs at 115.2kbps... 115200/(140*32) = ~25fps with the simplest (and least efficient) drawing method you could think of, "10: blast the entire 140x32px bitmap out to the display; 20: goto 10;". I picked a 256x64 that runs at 38.4.. 4x the pixels, 1/3rd the speed, 38400/(256*64) = ~2fps.

Well, I don't disagree. But he really asked for video out, not an external display. If there's some sort of serial -> composite video converter out there, I sure havn't found it. Seeing as an ethernet -> composite video adapter exists, it seems like a more likely option. I don't actually need video out, so this is all academic for me. Find a empeg compatible h.323 implemenation, and you've got video out.

Matthew