I'll admit that I don't have too much knowledge when it comes to car audio installs. I have my empeg installed, and I'm surprised that it works so good.

My problem is this, The front and rear 6.5" speakers are getting a full range of sound when I only want them to get tremble. And when I install my 10" sub I only want it to get bass. Right now I have to use the empeg's EQ to only send out high notes to the amp, otherwise the 6.5" speakers sound bad.

I am pretty sure that my amp doesn't have a crossover built-in, I'm not sure what differences there would be though. It is a 4 channel amp with gain control knobs on it. And I expect that people who want big bass would add another amp dedicated to the subs, but I'm running out of space(and don't really care to have my car shake).

What kind of crossover should I get. Does it matter if it is an active or passive one? Would simple capacitors and inductors work? And where should I put this?(oh wait, I figure that out. I don't really need that air bag sensor, do I?)

Thanks