It is getting scary how much I know about subwoofers and crossovers now. Well, I'm sure there is more to know, but I can design and build boxes now.

The subs have a 4 Ohm impedance, and each have their own box. Well, one has a box right now, the other one will have to wait a little while until I make it. So, I think I pretty much have to wire it directly to each channel. And there is ~.85 cu ft. in each box when the recommended is 1.0, but I did put polyfill inside to make the box appear larger to the driver.

But, what benefits would I get if I wired them up together in a bridged setup? I have heard good subs before and I have heard bad ones, but I’m not sure on the details of them. I did get the chance to test one of my friends’ 10” subs in my car and it was a little louder, but it didn’t produce a lot of bass. I am guessing this is due to 2 problems, one was the box it was in was way too small. The box was designed to fit in a pick-up truck cab. And the second may be because I am sending the full range of audio to it. I am considering using inductors for now, is there really anything bad with just using these? In the WinISD program there are circuit diagrams to build active-passovers that a computer engineer like myself could build. The only disadvantage I can see is that they aren’t adjustable and the crossover rolloff is only 6db/octave. But by adding 2 capacitors I could get that up to 12db/octave it seems. And the active ones would be around there or better, I’d assume.

Now I just need to order some carpeting from Crutchfield to complete it, but I’m sure I’ll test it before then.

Thanks for the help.