I was able to by 4 capacitors for $7 at the electronics store.

Bipolar caps I hope, considering that we´ve got an AC signal.

I looked up some info on DVC subs, but since my sub doesn't say anywhere, I would say they are single.

If you only have one set of wire terminals on the back of the sub, you´ve got SVC subs. If there are 2 sets of terminals you probably have DVC subs.

But, I guess what I don't understand is what does having a 2 Ohm load change things?

The ohm load on a channel determines (together with the amps construction) how much power the amp makes - according to the formula P=U^2/R, where U is voltage related to the amps internal powersupply (the amp boosts up the 12-14V the amp is fed in order to be able to make more power) and R is the impedance of the load (sub).

If the amp does 100W per channel into a 4 Ohm load, it´ll (if it´s a decent design) do 200W into 2 Ohm - if it is capable of handling a 1 Ohm load without going up in smoke it´ll nake 400W into a 1 Ohm load... Most multichannel amp can handle a 2 Ohm load per channel, but not lower.

When you combine 2 channels into 1 by bridging the channels, the lowest possible load doubles, ie typically a 4 Ohm minimum load.

A 2 channel amps makes the same total power into two 2 Ohm loads as into 1 (bridged) 4 Ohm load, ie 2x200W @2 Ohm and 1x400W @4 Ohm

Will the 200 Watts per channel be used more effieceintly? If I bridge them will there be 400 Watts going through each sub?

The combined load of the (serially wired) subs would split the total power the amp makes between them.

If you have 2 SVC 4 Ohm subs and the amp is stable down to 2 Ohm per channel, you simply can´t use the full capacity of the amp, whether in 2 channel mode or bridged - you´re limited to the power per channel @4 Ohm.

HTH,

/Michael