With the kind permission of the Two Robs (Rob @ empeg, and Rob at the Developer site ), I have volunteered to create and maintain an "official" FAQ for the empeg-car player. It is official, because the content is to be scrutinised by the empeg team prior to each release.

The original documents were on the developer site (originally produced by Rob and various contributors to his site) and the first empeg Ltd. FAQ (produced by Rob in days gone by); since the original official one is now hopelessly out of date, I have merged the two and started work on a new version, which should hopefully reflect the current state of affairs. Depending on input and what material I can glean from this BBS, I will be producing something in the next few weeks and posting a URL where you will be able to access it.

Initially, the FAQ will be a simple flat ASCII TXT file. Eventually, it will evolve into an HTML based document, and may end up stored in a simple database for lookup on the Developer site for reference, depending on demand/input.

If anyone would like to suggest candidate questions for the FAQ, or answers to common questions, or even both, then can I ask that you submit them to the official FAQ mailing address created specially for the purpose:

[email protected]

- with the subject "Empeg FAQ". Please state the Question, or Q & A, that you would like to submit to this address (with your name if you wish to be credited). You may also post thread references within this BBS for me to look up as suggestions for repeatedly aired issues if you prefer.

Can I emphasise that it is is preferable to mail your questions as asked to this address rather than to post here, on the BBS, in order to reduce board clutter and traffic overhead for PaulH on what is, after all, his privately maintained system.

Looking forward to hearing from you with your suggestions!

Rob Schofield (the Third Rob)
empeg #00015

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015