Long time no post eh? Well, moving to BFE Italy and playing Military with my buddies in sunny funfilled Iraq has that effect...

Just to offer my two cents as a recently promoted ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN... (Some damn fool made me an E-6 haha) Sorry to hear about your woes with the empeg, good luck to you. I think the primary reason that nylon screws aren't more common in the electronic industry is that they are more expensive, sensitive to heat, and easily snapped by overtorqueing. On the other hand all of my electrical safe work benches are held together with Nylon fasteners and plated with hexlite--it's all kind of a pain since I have to Meg-ohm Meter the benches quarterly.

I agree with the gentleman that races R/C cars (AS I DO) use the blue loctite. Red is forever for all intents and purposes. I have my unit in a refurbished VW Scirocco and that thing rattles like the friggin space shuttle on reentry, and thus far it has held just fine.

Anybody heard from Mr. Laesch lately? Just wondering.

Hopefully another year won't pass till I post LOL. Looks like I am resoldering my IDE connector. My unit flips out after it has been running for a bit ever great once in a while. I think it is heat flexing of the board, I opened it at home and I think I see couple of "cold" solder joints.

Later,
Chris