Thank you very much for your answers and links.
Especially one sentence from TheStreet.com is one point I had in mind creating the logo:

the reason so many Net companies fall back on the swoosh is that it is so hard to represent the Internet graphically. "There's nothing to grab onto. There's nothing there. It's space," she says

In fact it's hard for an Internet company to describe the Internet in a logo. Beside of this, I wanted to represent wireless communications (WLAN + Bluetooth), in general radio transmission or data connections via radio waves.
At third, but not least, I want to represent programming, especially PHP, but that's too deep, I think.

I was shocked to see so many swooshes on so many logos. I realized that I'm not the first one to have this idea... The much detailed globe is in fact a problem, especially printed out or faxed.

The courier font I used is a font which exists for a long time, so my company does (10 years). I've searched for an easy to read font and something not too space-invaders like. It should be reputable, not so colourful. I mostly wear black or grey suits, even they aren't colourful.

It's hard to find something that suits my needs, I think.

Rolf