The microsoft DLL that it wanted was the Visual Basic Run Time Libraries. They are quite common and there's a single-file setup program for them linked at my home page in the same place as the Logo Editor itself. Click on my signature, below, to go to my home page.

Although I respect your choice not to mess with microsoft DLL crap if you don't want to. The only real question you have to ask yourself is, which is more trouble: Writing your own program to get the job done, or downloading and installing a runtime file to get the job done.

Yes, I know the Microsoft VB runtime libraries are crap. Developing the logo editor in VB allowed me to make it feature-rich (if slow-running) in a short period of time. I know that it could be faster, more efficient, and more easily redistributed if it was written in C/C++ and avoided the need for runtime libraries. However, I was not prepared to invest that amount of effort for a quick utility.

If anyone wants to rewrite the logo editor in C, the pseudo-code at the top of this thread contains all the information you need to properly format the file for feeding to the "download.c" code, so be my guest.