I'm sorry I don't have more time to post and really explain what I mean, but Peter's nearly got it.

Basically I think that Bush really failed in several key areas with regard to how he sold the war to the public (he either lied or was incompetent) and treated the U.N. He sold this war as a search for WMD, now a PR disaster because even he admits that wasn't the real goal in the first place.

Whateve the Bush's adminstration's behavior, for reasons discussed before I think the world will be better off for us having gone into Iraq. I don't believe that our soldiers are dying because Bush made some mistakes, but to protect and free the people of Iraq. Yes there is a high price to pay for what we've done, but ultimately I think the price will be worth it.

So you see, I support the war, but not how Bush has handled it.

I see Bush's humor targeted at his mistake of how he sold the war on Iraq, not at throwing us into a war we shouldn't be in. He very obviously feels this war is the Right Thing, but he's admitting the WMD thing probably wasn't the best argument to hang his hat on.