Thanks for trying EMSC out!

The first thing you observed about rebooting the player when you bounce real fast between songs for extended periods happens because the Empeg player app freezes when overwhelmed with a back log of serial port commands to play. I put in a check in the software to detect this, which forces the Empeg to quit and restart and allows things to continue. I struggled quite a bit with this and that's the best solution I've been able to come up with so far. I don't know if you were doing this as part of a very much appreciated testing, or whether you just like to do that. If you just need to do this from time to time, a way to avoid it, and to switch songs way faster, is to Pause first. Then do next song, prev song, in fast succession (you can just leave the button pressed if it is paused); when you found the song your looking for unpause...

Regarding the right and left key behaviour, the intended behavior (and what I get in my empegs) is that pressing right moves you to the next song, whether it is even or not. Pressing left moves you to the start of the current song if you are past the first four seconds, otherwise it moves you to the previous song. I would like to investigate and correct this behaviour you are observing. Does this also happen in Streaming mode? Does it happen in control mode if you pause before pressing right or left, and then unpause after pressing right or left (n times)? How distant is the Empeg from the computer controlling it (e.g., is the travel time of network packets large)? How fast is your PC?

Thanks again for trying it out and helping me with the testing.