Thank you for the comment. When the empeg player app freezes, it will not do a thing. I can't pause, resume, or send a cmd to play anything. In fact, 80% of the time what appears as a freeze is an exit of the player application (if you have serial terminal connected you would see the shell prompt). At that point I send an "exit" to the serial port, which restarts the player exactly where it left off.

When this freeze happens is unpredictable, and something that will very rarely happen if you are just using the application (as opposed to testing it and trying to make it fail). At least in my machines. For example, right now in order to make it happen, I had to press the right button 217 times over a 28 second time frame. I would like to know if it happens in other machines under what would be considered "normal" use.

I thought about doing a Pause behind the scenes prior to a next or previous track command, and a Resume once I detected that no previous or next track button has been pressed for, say, 3/4th sec. But then that meant that I would at least have that lag when changing songs. (The application doesn't inform the Empeg of change in songs while it is paused, only of the then current song when it resumes).