In reply to:

Ever thought of adding a configuration option allowing rioplay to jump right to playing a default stream or playlist on boot up?

I have considered doing something with it at bootup, rather than having it just sit there. However this really should only be an issue after it boots from being unplugged. Once it's up and running, pressing the power button to turn it off doesn't really do much except stop playback and power off the display. The application is actually still running. When you press power again, it should resume playing where it left off.

As for a default action from a cold boot, should it read this from some sort of config file? Then we run into the same problem as with the Shoutcast streams in that in order to change it, you have to mess around with TAR to replace a config file in the receiver.arf. Hmm... have to give this one a little thought.

I've also been browsing the "Wish List" forum for ideas to add to my software. I'm looking at the "Select by artist then album" idea and a few others... As well as adding a random option to the playback (I need that one soon... I really prefer just listening to my whole collection at random). Any other ideas that anyone would like to suggest?