In reply to:

I can't understand why you're getting ENETUNREACH. My first guess is that the Rio isn't getting it's default gateway set correctly. Do you have the ability to connect to your Rio with either a serial port or netcat or something? If not I'll build an ARF file that has some of those utilities. What I'm interested in is the contents of /proc/net/route.

That was my guess too... and the main reason I went back to using the armgr.exe as the DHCP server. I was planning to have a look at /proc/net/route this evening if I get chance. It's probably worth mentioning that the Rio boot loader receives the same DHCP information and *does* somehow manage to send a broadcast SSDP request to the armgr.

This is the first time I've really messed around with the Rio and didn't want to get into building kernels, opening it up to get at the serial line, etc. (I basically just rebuilt rioplay to put some debugging code in and replaced it in your .arf file.)

If you were planning on sticking anything extra into the .arf file then maybe tnlited/bash would be handy while debugging?

BTW, thanks for the config runes for libmad. ... it just moaned at me that it couldn't test the endianness when cross-compiling!