I'm having a problem connecting the Rio Receiver with the Audio Receiver Manager software running on my Win2k box.

My PC is a P2 450MHz, running Win2k. My network setup starts with a Motorola cable modem connected to a Netgear RT311 router. The LAN side of the router connects to a Netgear FS108 10/100 BaseT auto sensing switch. Both the PC and Rio Receiver are connected to this switch. I'm also using the mercury_v103.exe Receiver Manager software on the PC.

Win 2k install was standard and the Receiver Manager software is mercury_V103.exe. No modifications have been made to the Win2k install or the Receiver Manager software except those mentioned below.

My problem is that after I install the Receiver Manager software, the receiver never connects to it. The icon in the system tray is always red. Also when the receiver starts up, it stays for about 30 seconds on the "Searching for server" screen then only displays the IP information it received from the DHCP service running on the router.

After reading quite a number of posts on this site, I went through the recommended troubleshooting checklist. I've ruled out network problems by installing the Audio Manager Software on both my roommates' machines (one is a Win 98 SE and the other is Win ME) which are both connected to the same switch as my Win 2k PC and the Receiver. I've tried setting the NIC on the Win2k machine to 10BT Half Duplex and I've also tried connecting the receiver directly to it using a crossover cable. I've even go so far as to install the Rio Connector card and connect through a phone line. No matter the setup, I've never been able to get the Win2k machine and the Receiver to connect. The icon is always red and the window is always empty.

When I installed the Receiver Manager software on both the Win98 SE box and the Win ME box, I made no changes to either machines and the receiver connected with no problems.

I must assume that this is a Win2k problem. However I've read posts on this site where people have successfully run the Receiver Manager software on a Win2k machine.

I've run out of ideas on how to resolve this problem. Running the software off of one of the other machines in my home is not an issue since they are both in my roommates' rooms.

Does anyone know what I need to do to my Win2k machine in order to get it to connect to the Receiver?

Thank you.