I ran the Receiver Manager with logging turned on, and everyting looks fine. I've attached the file just in case there's something that I'm missing in it.

I've also checked the TCP/IP filtering properties for the NIC and the "Enable TCP/IP Filtering" checkbox is not checked.

I've tried checking the checkbox with the "Permit All" radio button enabled, but it did not solve the problem.

A number of months ago, I remove my old NIC and installed the FA311 to solve another networking problem. I've noticed that whenever I try to enable the IP address for my PC to the FA311, Win2k complains that the IP is still assigned to the old NIC. It admits that the card is not physically in the machine, but still asks me to assign a different IP to the FA311. My guess is that the old NIC was not fully removed from the system and that is what is causing the problem.

I have two ideas based on this info. The more rational is to run ethereal on the Win2k box and see what is going on when the Manager is started. I don't have high hopes that this will give me any new information.

The second, more radical, idea is to reinstall the OS. I've just recently made a Ghost image of my hard drive so there's no risk of loss of data. However there's something about the idea of reinstalling the OS to solve a problem that I just can't stomach. It does however give me a virgin system to install the Receiver Manager software onto which would elimenate any hardware issues.

Your thoughts?

Attachments
2008-armgr_20020713-190345.log (301 downloads)