Rioplay is still cooking along for me!

Good to hear!

I see what you mean about power on. I had been spending time figuring things out so I kept cold booting to get the client reloaded.

I probably should have mentioned this before, but if the Rio is "on" (LCD is lit up), you can hold down the power button for more than 2 seconds but less than 5 to cause the player application to be restarted by the wrapper init. Hold it down for more than 5 seconds to cause the Rio to reboot.

On cold reboot, maybe you could add an optional default tag in the streams.cfg file that be the title of the stream (or playlist) to play on a cold boot.

I'm finding more and more config parameters that would be nice if they were user settable. I'm kicking around the idea of a very small server program to run in addition to the Rio server that will serve up configuration details to the Rio. I'd like to keep the code so that it will run with just the default Rio server app though so probably what I'd do is make it default all the config parameters if it doesn't find this "config server".

MP3 Pro support

Don't get your hopes up. From what I understand, this technology requires a license and per-unit royalty and I'm sure they wouldn't let me distribute the source code anyway.

volume leveling

This would be cool. I'm not sure how this is done, though. Would the software have to buffer the whole MP3, find the peak volume, then adjust to that? If so it probably isn't feasible. If however there is a way to do it on-the-fly then it might be possible.