Quote:
I agree, putting the device anywhere is nice. Glove-box, armrest, etc. And having "one collection" to manage is nice. The only drawbacks are lack of a good UI for in-car use and small capacity (40gb compared to 160gb for an empeg).

Concerns over theft would be gone if you can take the thing with you, and doing so would be easier than a DIN sized unit like the empeg.

That being said, "UI" might be a short, two letter acronym, but I'd rather have an empeg as large as my truck with only 10gb so long as I got to keep its interface!

I can't really quote on the UI as the interface isn't available yet, but once the ipod is plugged in you don't have to touch it, it integrates into the HU and gives you access to your albums, tracks & playlists - as I have my music on the empeg ordered by Artist then album it's certainly not going to be any worse, infact I'd hazard a guess that for *my* use it'd be better (next/previous album etc - which is missing from the empeg), but I accept that for some of the users on here it'd be a backwards step.

I know a few people with ipods, so the ability to instantly have access to their music in the car would be very cool, it'd also be nice to have access to a CD player again for those journeys home from the shops!

Adrian