Woah! I wonder how you would have reacted if you had to see some of the ads we have to sit through here. They all have the same theme: "don't steal movies because it's not just the big actors and studios you're ripping off, it's the little guys too." The one I see most often is with a stunt man, telling us how he puts his life on the line to make a great movie, and because I'm downloading it, he's starving.

First, I have a lot of respect for those guys. Stunt work is impressive.
Second, does the salary of people like stunt men actually have anything to do with the sucess of the movie?? I doubt it.
Third, these commercials claim that some insane figure, like tens of billions of dollars, are lost due to downloading. Come on, I'd be willing to bet that the piracy in Asian countries, which has been going on for far longer than P2P, makes up more of the percentage than people downloading am in-the-theater copy of Spiderman 2. Hell, one of my mom's best friends lived in Malaysia, and she would buy dozens of films a month, at $2 a pop, from the local guy-on-the-street selling Acadamy screeners of Fellowship of the Ring.

Anyway, it's disturbing that these lobbying groups now have power over your government, and they decide that this is the way to go, instead of shutting down larger targets of illegal distribution. That's the thing that's bugged me in all this.

Oh, and I can't wait for Shaun of the Dead. I've been wanting to see that for a long time.