Quote:
Replace "Christian" with any other genre and you'd still have a true statement.
Yeah, I'm under no illusion that it is different anywhere else. In the end, the Christian record companies are just divisions of the big secular ones who's end goal is to make money (go figure).
Quote:
the crap I hear on TV classified as Christian music that annoys me.
There's very little classified as Christian that I enjoy either. There is some very mainstream stuff that I like because I find the lyrics encouraging and uplifting and I appreciate the musicianship, even if the style is not what I'd normally listen to. Howver, in general most Christian stuff just doesn't appeal to me. Even the rock groups like "Third Day" are only somewhat suited to my tastes.
Quote:
But I have a number of albums from groups that consider themselves Christian and whose lyrics point in that direction, but who aren't didactic about it.

I honestly never intended to start writing Christian music, but it's just what comes out. You've read my posts so you know I can't start anything without somehow talking about God; it's just the way I am. I figure I'll do what I like and if people want to buy it then cool. If not, well then at least I created what was within me to create.

Oh, and as far as giving music away free, I'll probably make at least a song or two freely downloadable. Also, I just might put a "disclaimer" on the CD proudly explaining that people are free to copy it as much as they want. I had a friend who's band did that and they were selling CDs nation-wide by the thousands and not even signed to a label (apparently not everyone took them up on their offer). Of course, they had a really good promoter to go along with a really great CD. Sadly, they're signed now and can't put such things on their current CDs. Their music is not nearly as good as it used to be either, though I hear rumers that an upcoming CD my burst this trend.